We are a strong, vibrant and influential church in the heart of the city, seeking to connect people to God, each other and His purpose through the pillars of:
Believe, Belong, Become and Build.
C3 City (formerly God in the City) began in May 2000 in the upper room of the East Village Hotel in Darlinghurst. In the early days, many came to know Christ, and a vibrant, creative church was birthed in the heart of the City. It wasn’t long before this community outgrew the upper room of the Hotel, and a new space was needed. In a step of faith, C3 City began to lease our current space – the beautiful sandstone church on the corner of Stanley and Palmer St. A huge transformation project began to restore a stunning heritage church, which was at the time being used a swimwear studio, back into a place of worship.
C3 City has grown in this space for the past 14 years. Many have come to know Christ. Many have returned to Christ. Many have embarked upon a journey of discipleship. Many have married and started families. Leaders have been raised and established and many sent out to lead and serve in other churches, both locally and internationally. We have embarked upon many a creative endeavor to lift up His name and shine the light of Christ in the heart of the city.
We have changed over the years, from a group of young adults desperate to make a difference to a church of every generation hungry to be found in Christ and find their place in serving Him.
C3 City is known for its passionate worship, colourful creativity, welcoming community, message of redemption and its signature of influence through our members positioned in our city and beyond.
We are committed to worship services that enable people to experience the presence of God in a real and tangible way.
We are committed to reaching the strong and influential, as well as the poor and the broken in our city.
We are committed to a message of redemption, transformation and the call to influence the world around us.
We would love you to be a part of C3 City. There is no better way to reach your full potential in Christ than finding your place in a local church with a vision to reach a city.
Tim and Kirrily Lowe are the Senior Pastors of C3 Church City – Darlinghurst.
Tim’s early ministry years were at C3 South (Sydney) where he served on the leadership and pastoral team for 12 years and later became the Senior Pastor. During that time he attended and graduated from C3 College’s Leadership Ministry course. In 2000 Tim had a desire to plant an inner city congregation, and set out with a small group of people to plant God in the City (now C3 City) in the East Village Pub, in Darlinghurst. The church grew and in 2002 moved to its current premises. C3 City has been known for its creativity, generosity, welcoming spirit and most of all the rich and life changing presence of God that is found whenever the church gathers. Ps Tim is a unique minister who carries a spirit of faith, and a passion for people living their best lives. Tim is bi-vocational, leading the church and working in the finance industry. This has has given him a unique perspective and ability to connect with many. He has a passion for the church reaching into the market place and impacting every sphere of influence.
Kirrily began her career as a lawyer, working in both private practice as a criminal lawyer and the community sector as a Children’s Solicitor. In 1998 she felt God call her into full time ministry and began 2 years of Bible College at C3 College. Following Bible College, Kirrily worked in the C3 Global Office, before marrying Tim in 2002, and transitioning to co-leading the church. Her and Tim have 3 boys – Sammy, Harry and Elijah, who they adore and are on the journey with them in life and ministry. Kirrily is the author of The Invisible Tree Children’s Books – a series of books seeking to impart values and virtues into young lives. She is the founder of The Invisible She Project – a project that seeks to see women clothed in their God given identity and living out His purpose for them. She speaks regularly to women on this topic, and is the passionate leader of C3 City Women’s Ministry – Clothed. Kirrily writes regularly at kirrilylowe.com.
Believing in Jesus means placing your hope and trust in Him by surrendering to His lordship in every area of your life.
Belonging to family means developing meaningful friendships with others who love Jesus and walking through life together by loving, helping, and protecting each other.
Becoming a follower means shifting the focus of your life from self-centered to Christ-centered by doing what Jesus would do and loving as He would love.
Make a difference
Building God’s kingdom means submitting to God and being His hands and feet to those around us by giving of ourselves and serving others.
What We Believe
Statement of Beliefs
1. There is one God: God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Spirit
2. In the deity of our Lord Jesus Christ the Son of God; we believe in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His victorious and atoning death, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father, His constant intercession and in His imminent return
3. In the person and work of the Holy Spirit with His fruits and gifts available in the Church
4. The Bible is the living word of God. It is infallible, authoritative and everlasting and is the foundation of all Christian doctrine
5. In the existence of an evil spiritual being known as the devil
6. In the spiritually lost condition of all people and the essential need for the new birth by faith in Jesus Christ
7. In the baptism of the Holy Spirit as a gift available to believers subsequent to the new birth, with normal evidence of speaking in other tongues
8. In the sacraments of the Lords Supper and baptism by full immersion in water for all believers
9. In the resurrection of both the saved and the lost, the one to everlasting life and the other to everlasting separation from God
10. In the church being the body of Christ, and each member being an active part of a local church, fulfilling the Great Commission
11. Marriage was instituted by God, ratified by Jesus, and is exclusively between a man and a woman. It is a picture of Christ and his church
12. Sex is a gift from God for procreation and unity, and it is only appropriate within and designed for marriage
C3 Church Global is a Christian pentecostal movement of over 500 churches, spread over 64 countries, with almost 100,000 members in weekly attendance. We are rapidly moving towards the 2020 Vision of 1,000 Locations planted by the year 2020.
Who we are
Our movement is committed to healthy relationships and connection between ministers and churches. As an international family our members are able to walk into any of our C3 Churches around the world and know they're home. We are united with Christ in His vision, and therefore our mission, to save the lost, make disciples and build His church.
Where we've come from
With a passion for Jesus and desire to see this world won for Christ, Phil and Chris Pringle came to Sydney in 1980 to start a church. With just 12 people attending an Easter service, Christian Centre Northside began and the C3 Church movement as we now know was birthed. This church grew to over 400 in 4 years and soon began planting within Sydney and beyond to cities and countries outside of Australia.